Many people searching for this answer, How to change my postal address? Shifting homes call for a number of demanding and tiring jobs and changing your postal address is among the most important of them.
It is most important to let your government know about your updated address and the process itself isn’t very hard.
You can choose from 2 different methods of changing your postal address as listed below,
- Visit the USPS official website and choose “Move” from the options.
- Keep your credit card ready (and make sure this is your “own” credit card) to make a payment of $1.
- This $1 payment is not a service charge and neither an address change fee. The payment is made from your own credit card to verify your identity.
- Using your own card is necessary to validate the fact that you yourself are changing your address. Once the details have been entered and the payment made, your address has been updated and this takes only a few minutes.
- This online method is for a citizen’s ease and can be carried out at home. Some scammers even charge up to $40 to do the same thing that can be done at home for $1.
- Visit your local post office and ask the representative for a Mover’s Guide packet.
- The packet has a PS Form 3575. Fill out this form for an address change and submit it to the post office representative at the counter.
- You can also choose to drop it into the letter box outside the post office.